Friday, February 11, 2011

VALENTINE'S DAY...WHAT SHOULD I SERVE to my SWEETHEART on VALENTINE'S DAY?...by Philip S. Kampe

On New Year's Week, we hosted a special 'RING IN THE NEW YEAR' Party for many of my numerous friends in the wine industry. Many wine shop owners from the New York metro area attended, as well as some from Massachusetts.

My dilema? What can I possibly serve for the evening when all of our guests know more about wine than I do. Remember, they are all in the wine business and live wine day by day. Should I serve a variety of the top wines to them, including Brunello, Barolo, Amarone, Bordeaux Blends or white Burgundies?

Whoever knows me, knows that I like to live on the edge...And I usually have answers and solutions for most situations. But, in this case, I was really LOST!!

After some brain storming with a few wine and spirit PR friends, the obvious (not for me) SOLUTION presented itself.

WHY NOT SERVE THEM CHAMPAGNE FOR THE WHOLE EVENING?
So, we did...

But, not just one type....

From my earlier posts, you should remember how much I like NICOLAS FEUILLATTE and his entire portfolio of Champagnes. Keeping in-mind that I am originally from New Orleans , it was obvious that I was going to serve all of the food groups that pair perfectly with Champagne: oysters, salmon, shrimp, lobsters, mussels and goat cheese. Not to mention desserts like lemon tart, strawberries and raspberries.

I chose the following NICOLAS FEUILLATTE Champagnes for the evening:

VINTAGE BRUT Blanc de Blanc
BRUT ROSE

VINTAGE CUVEE SPECIALE
BRUT RESERVE PARTICULUERE

CUVEE 225 VINTAGE
PALMES d'OR

Needless to say, the Party was a HIT!
I was a HERO to the wine merchants because I found a SOLUTION to my dilema.

The moral of the story: ALWAYS SERVE CHAMPAGNE WHEN IN DOUBT!!

I prefer NICOLAS FEUILLATTE for the obvious reason. QUALITY at a fair PRICE.

I guess you know what I will serve to my wife on VALENTINE'S DAY?

PLEASE take CUPID'S hint:
PURCHASE a bottle of NICOLAS FEUILLATTE Champagne for your VALENTINE.
FEBRUARY 14th only comes once a year...

PHILIP S. KAMPE

philip.kampe@thewinehub.com

No comments:

40 Years of Winemaking at Russian River Valleys Sonoma-Cutrer by Philip S. Kampe

 Innovation in Winemaking at Sonoma-Cutrer began forty years ago. The focus has always been innovation for this Russian River Valley winery....