Wednesday, January 2, 2013


Vol.2 – About similarities & differences of power and passion in the wine business…
The voting going on of the VinCe magazine in Hungary that is based on the publication at
So, having got so many votes from all my dear #winelover friends in the world…. Makes it look like that “I” got the first place in this “competition”: “Which woman has the biggest influence in wine business in Hungary?”
Does it really mean I am the one? Really? How even could I even dream of being compared to someone as knowledgeable as Dr. Mészáros Gabriella or many other amazing women in this business in Hungary? I am “just” a student, a #winelover… but just another one in our amazing community…
And do you know what? If I can have the choice, I’ll never change this feeling and honour I get as a #winelover, and be part of the community.
All this started by Luiz Alberto, my dear friend, CEO and founder of this blog www.thewinehub.com on Valentines day 2012. I am convinced that not even him could have dreamed about the big dimension this all would have by now.
When he decided to join the Institute of Master of Wine he wanted to test himself how much he knows about wine and he started his long, beautiful, but hard journey …
…well this journey did not find an end yet… luckily… I have to admit as it took an amazing direction, a direction I would never believed this could ever happen…
I mean, wine is something that should bring pleasure to our lives, doesn’t it?
What he was able to create by know, the community with so many passionate people, friends with similar interests who are also eager to learn about wine and spread the word about it by using social media and participating at many of the #winelover hangouts organized in the whole world makes me proud again as it is the best way of expressing this pleasure…
We are a community with a facebook group having over 6,000 members growing day by day and in real life as well. This is just amazing. I mean, the  so called “successful people in wine business” wouldn’t exist without us, “simple” #winelovers who show an interest towards wine, or am I wrong?
By having won this voting, we as one group of people, friends who share the same passion.for.wine, one #winelover community we have demonstrated the world that there are much bigger things in life than power…
Passion and real friendships… values like this make us achieve big things…
…I am really looking forward to an amazing new Year 2013 with people, friends, #winelovers coming together not only virtually on the Internet but in real life as well, as we are facing a year full of  interesting #winelover events such as hangouts, conferences, tastings, winery visits, competitions… and much more!
So here I want to say again: Thank you so much for being part of this amazing community and Happy New #winelover Year 2013!
Lotte Karolina Gabrovits, #winelover

No comments:

40 Years of Winemaking at Russian River Valleys Sonoma-Cutrer by Philip S. Kampe

 Innovation in Winemaking at Sonoma-Cutrer began forty years ago. The focus has always been innovation for this Russian River Valley winery....